My Best Dry Skin Type Care Tips
Dry Skin is sensitive to the weather and is prone to wrinkles. Protect it against wind, sun and water.
The issue of dry skin is a common one and occurs more often in cold weather, like during winter, when cold air outside and heated air inside cause low humidity.
The skin lacks both oil and moisture. You may notice that your skin seems more sensitive to your favorite skin care products and cleansers.
Don't have Dry skin? Check Tips for Normal | Oily | Combination Skin Type
Excessive bathing with harsh soaps also contributes to dry skin as does skin conditions like Eczema.
Caring for Dry Skin Type
The best defense against dry, scaly skin is moisturizer. Dry skin should not be washed with cols water and soap, nor should astringent lotions be used. Instead, after cleansing it at night, before bed time, it is better to use a good moisturizer which give it some freshness.
Diet, rich with minerals and vitamins A,B,C,D should be taken.
Before applying lipstick , use a soft piece of toweling material for removing rough bits of chapped skin and rub a piece of raw beetroot gently on them. After applying lipstick add a little vaseline to keep your lips soft and pretty.
Dry Skin Care Tips
- Excessive exposure to sun should be avoided in case of dry skin and always use sunscreen lotion before going out in sun.
- After bathing or shower, do not rub the skin instead use pat dry the skin with a soft towel and apply moisturizer for dry skin all over the skin.
- If you suffer from any kind of skin problem then consult the skin doctor.
- A mild, gentle cleanser should be used for the face and washing be restricted to only twice daily.
- Use moisturizer especially made for dry skin and including AHA's.
Try Multani Mitti Facial for Dry Skin
Make a paste of 1 spoon milk cream, 1 spoon multani mitti, ½ spoon honey and little amount of oil. Apply this paste on your skin and keep it there for 10-15 minutes. Wash it off after it gets dry. See more Homemade Facial masks
Dry Skin Type Checklist
- Dry skin has a thin and papery texture.
It feels dry to touch.
The pores are very fine.
After a wash it feels tight, as though it is too small for the face.
By midday flaky patches appear.
Hardly ever break out in spots.