Best Skin Moisturizers for Dry & Oily Skin
Moisturizers prevent loss of moisturizer and dehydration of the skin and speed up the process of skin cell renewal.
Moisturizing is a must for every skin type. The quality and amount of moisturizer can vary from person to person.
Moisturizers come in various types, balms and creams are the thickest and greasiest; oils and lotions are lighter and more fluid; gels are clear or translucent and the lightest of all.
List of 15 Best Facial Moisturizers Selected by FMT Beauty Experts
- Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream
- Facial Moisturizer With SPF: Eucerin
- Organic Face Oil for Dehydrated Skin: Rodin Olio Lusso
- RevaleSkin Coffeeberry Day Cream
- Moisturizer for Dehydrated Skin: Yonka PampleMousse
- La Mer Creme for the Face
- Decleor Aromessence Neroli Oil
- Night Moisturizer for the Face: Lancome Absolue Night Treatment
- Dr. Hauschka Quince Day Cream
- Facial Moisturizer for Dry Skin: Chanel's Hydramax
- Peter Thomas Roth Glycolic Acid 10% Moisturizer
- Biore Duel Fusion with SPF 30
- Avon Anew Ultimate Age Repair Day Cream SPF 25
- johnson baby moisturiser Cream - both facial and body cream are good & gentle on skin
Need For Skin Moisturizers
Moisturizers are designed to reduce water loss from the epidermis. The skin protects us from the sometimes-harsh external environment ( e.g. microbial invasion and physical injuries), regulates our body temperature, provides sensory input and eliminates waste.
They also can protect the barrier to soot and dirt and there is a temporary feeling of smoothness when these are used. Thus, moisturizers can be used preventatively or to help restore the stratum corneum to its more normal function.
Moisturizers fall into two categories: lipids and humectants. Humectants Moisturizers are either absorbed into the skin or stay on the surface of the skin. Lipids Moisturizers blocks moisture from leaving the skin and provide a barrier and allow skin to better restore itself.
Tips for selecting a moisturizer and techniques for skin moisturizing
The ideal skin moisturizing routine should be limited to a 10 minute, twice daily event, using a best suited lotion or cream product. Here are some tips -
- If you have pimples do not use oily Moisturizer.
- When purchasing Moisturizer go look for SPF of 15- the Sun Protection Factor.
- Smooth Application of a moisturizer immediately after bathing prevents water loss from the skin and during winter.
- If you wear make-up regularly should follow the basic skin care routine of cleansing, toning and moistening every day twice in morning and evening.
- Apply Moisturizing cream using fingertips to dot it lightly all over the face.
How to apply Moisturizer on dry and sensitive skin
- Moisturizing should be applied to the skin after bathing as this time skin will absorb moisturizer more easily.
- Do not rub your face while applying Moisturizer as this can harm dry skin and results wrinkles.
- Use a moisturizer as a base before applying your foundation.
- For best results, wait until the moisturizer is dry and then apply foundation.
So, know your skin type and don't be afraid to try many products before settling on one. Beauty product reviews say the best way to soften wrinkles is by plumping the skin tissue and swelling it with water. Herbal moisturizers are easy to use, readily absorbable and should never burn or irritate. Overuse of moisturizer is as bad as not using any.
Remember: Too much moisturizer can lead to clogged pores and blackheads.
Skin Care Tip Submitted by Bharti
applying chapstick or a moisturizer right at the sign of a cold sore can prevent it from completely forming.