Beau's lines Treatment
Beau's lines are also called as transverse lines is a nail infection appears as solitary depressions which grow out slowly over many months and years.
Beau's lines progress distally with normal nail growth and eventually disappear at the free edge.
They arise because of a severe illness or shock which causes a temporary arrest in nail growth.
Sometimes Beau's Lines are present in newborn infants as a normal condition that will disappear near the end of the first month of life.
Beau's lines may be also a sign of malnutrition, zinc or iron deficiency, anemia, any major metabolic condition or a not lasting condition when growth at the area under the cuticle is interrupted by an injury or after a stressful event that temporarily interrupted nail formation. There is no specific treatment for this condition, but basically routines to obtain relief are necessary to attend to the causes according to the medical prescription in each case. In the battle against Beau's Lines rough ridges, the daily application of an anti-fungal can help along with some basic caring as for weak nails. Beau's Lines nails are characterized by horizontal lines of darkened cells and linear depressions. The all Causes of Beau's Lines are includes.
- A crush injury to base of the nail or the nail bed may produce a permanent deformity
- Nail biting can be a sign of anxiety, chronic tension or uncontrollable compulsion
- Chronic picking or rubbing of the skin behind the visible portion of the nail can produce a washboard nail
- Chronic exposure to moisture or to nail polish can produce brittle nails with peeling of the edge of the nail
Treatment and Natural home remedies
- Trim brittle nails after a bath or moisturized it.
- If possible prepare a 15-minute hand-soak oil bath.
- Apply a moisturizer on nails each time you wash your hands.
- Moisturize cuticles and nails at bedtime and cover them with cotton gloves.
- Don't use nail polish remover more than twice a month, touch up the polish.
- Avoid removers with acetone, which dries nails.