Formal Makeup Guide
If you are attending any type of formal event, it is likely that you will want to wear makeup in an appropriate way, as it is a great way to enhance your features. Applying formal makeup is somewhat different than applying it during any other time of the week. Here are some tips to get you started.
Formal Makeup Tips
1. Keep in mind that less is most often more.
There is no need to feel as though you have to wear tons of makeup in order to look good. Sometimes a natural appearance is really the best way to go, especially at formal events. Do not drift too far away from your natural appearance. It is important to decide if you want to stick to your normal self or want to leave people with something to talk about by going to the extreme with your makeup.
2. Depending on the formal event that you will be attending, consider having your makeup done professionally. For occasions such as proms or weddings that you are taking part in, this is especially a good idea. Although you may have some makeup expertise, it is always better to go to someone who really knows their stuff and does it on a regular basis. Just make sure that you call to make sure that they do it and make an appointment beforehand.
3. Try to stick with neutral colors.
Earth tone shades of brown, gray, pink, purple and green are the best way to go if you desire to look as natural as possible during any formal event. When opting for brighter or bolder shades, keep in mind that these colors are not always the most flattering. No one wants to look like Mimi from the Drew Carrey show!
4. Experiment with different makeup techniques before the day of the formal event.
This will give you a good idea of what type of makeup styles you can wear when the day actually comes. It is also important to take into consideration that it is probably best for you to also experiment with different colors, if possible. Seeing how different colors look in several different makeup techniques is very important.
5. Try to emphasize one particular feature.
You don't want your entire face to be covered with loads of makeup. Instead of this type of cakey appearance, it is a much better to choose a specific feature that you want to enhance. Whether it's your eyes, lips or cheek bones, focus mainly on these feature and put a minimal amount of makeup elsewhere.
When you go to a formal event, especially if you know that a lot of people that you are familiar with will be there, it is important to put a lot of thought into your makeup. Judging how much you are going to wear makeup, the shades to use and the techniques that you will use when applying makeup for formal events is very important for you to do.