20 Makeup Tips by Users
We have collected some of the most popular and useful makeup tips. I am sure you will love these tips. Some makeup tips are from make up experts and some are suggested by our popular visitors.
1) Sweep a little loose powder under your eyes when applying dark shades of eye shadow to catch any falling specks and prevent them from staining your skin.
2) Make your lips look larger by wearing a bright, light lipstick. Or make the appear small by wearing dark and more muted colours.
3) If you do not have a specialized contouring product for cheeks, simply use an ordinary face powder a couple of shades darker than your usual one to slim down the cheeks.
4) Add a drop of witch hazel available in all good pharmacies to turn ordinary foundation into a medicated one, it will work wonders on oily skin which is prone to acne and pimples.
5) Mascara your lashes before applying false ones to help them stick properly.
6) If you look tired then blend a little concealer just away from the outer corner of your eye - it makes you look as though you had a good night's sleep.
7) If you have not got time for a full make-up, but want to look great, paint on a bright red lipstick - its is happy, glamorous color which immediately brightens your face.
8) Never apply makeup before blow drying your hair - the heat from the dryer can make you perspire and cause your makeup to smudge.
9) The colour of powder eyeshadow can be made to look more intense by dipping your eyeshadow brush in water first.
10) Keep eye lashes smooth and supple by brushing them with petroleum jelly before going to bed at night.
11) Apply cream blusher in light downward movements to prevent it from creasing in specks of colour from catching in the fine hairs on your face.
12) If mascara tends to clog on your lower lashes then try using a small thin brush to paint colour on to individual lashes.
13) Make sure you give moisturizer time to sink in before you start applying your makeup as it will help your makeup go on more easily.
14) If your eye liner is too hard and drags your skin, hold it next to a lighter bulb for a few seconds before applying.
15) Lip gloss can look sophisticated if you just apply a dot in the center of your lower lip.
16) If you are unsure where to apply blusher, gently pinch your cheeks. If you like the effect, apply blusher in the same area - it will look wonderfully natural!
17) To prevent lipstick from getting on your teeth, try this tips - after putting it on, put your finger in the mouth, purse your lips and pull it out.
18) Women who wear glasses need to take special advice on makeup. If you are near-sighted, your glasses will make your eyes look smaller. So, go for brighter eyeshadows and lots of mascara to ensure they do not disappear.
19) A little foundation lightly rubbed through your eyebrows and brushed through with an old toothbrush will instantly lighten them.
20) For long lasting blush on sunny days or hot nights, apply both cream and powder blusher. Apply the cream formulation first, set with translucent powder then dust with a little powder blush.
"to make your eyes appear more alive use white eye liner inside your eyes". By
"always wear pink with orange color. This is what i do for dates". By
"To instantly shape and groom your eyebrows, spray hairspray on a toothbrush and brush brows. Makes the face so much nicer" By
Put a greyish colour on your eye then then a light colour like a pink or something and then put a little bit more grey at the top it works fine and it looks amazing and beautiful!! (By
If you want the super model look just slip on a layer of moisturiser and you will have that glam fresh look in no time. (Sarah)